The Wandering Desert Monk

The Wandering Desert Monk

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Discouraged?


Some days you need to read some good news. For me it is found in these words written over 3,000 years ago:

Why, my soul, are you downcast?
    
Why so disturbed within me?

Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him,
    
my Savior and my God. – Psalm 43:5

Do you have those days when you just feel discouraged and depressed? Today is one of those days for me. I can choose to look at my situation or I can do as one of my friends always says, “Keep looking up.” If I look up I see a new perspective and a new hope. My circumstances are not the full picture; my perspective comes from seeing that there is One who is my hope. Discouraged – Keep looking up! – Ron Friesen

No comments:

Post a Comment