The Wandering Desert Monk

The Wandering Desert Monk

Monday, July 22, 2013

What do you hear today?


“What are the first sounds you hear as you wake up?” For me the first sounds I hear are the birds outside of the window. The more important question is, “What attitude do I wake up with?” The ancient prophet, Isaiah, made this observation about morning awakening:

“The Sovereign Lord has given me a well-instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary.
He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being instructed.” (Isaiah 50:4)

Do I wake up with an attitude of openness to the Spirit or am I closed to the Spirit? What difference does it make? If we want to have a word of encouragement for the weary souls we meet along our daily journey, we need to have an open ear toward the Divine source of all wisdom. – Ron Friesen

No comments:

Post a Comment